Acupuncture in Charlotte, NC
Increased blood flow and micro-circulation at point of insertion.
Increased blood circulation and nutrients to the organs of need.
Increased endorphins, the “feel good” chemical naturally released by the body.
Increased cell oxygenation and tissue repair.
Regulation of pain perception and the autonomic nervous system.
According to the World Health Organization Acupuncture “can treat”:
- low back pain
- neck pain
- tennis elbow
- knee pain
- periarthritis of the shoulder
- facial pain (including cranio-mandibular disorders)
- dental pain
- tempromandibular (TMJ) dysfunction
- rheumatoid arthritis
- induction of labor
- correction of malposition of fetus (breech presentation)
- morning sickness
- nausea and vomiting
- postoperative pain
- essential hypertension
- primary hypotension
- renal colic
- adverse reactions to radiation or chemotherapy
- allergic rhinitis, including hay fever
- biliary colic
- depression (including depressive neurosis and depression following stroke)
- acute bacillary dysentery
- primary dysmenorrhea
- acute epigastralgia
- peptic ulcer
- acute and chronic gastritis
Additionally, neuro-imaging studies at the Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston have shown that acupuncture effects a network of systems in the brain, including decreasing activity in the limbic system (the emotional part of the brain) and activating it in the parts of the brain that typically light up when the brain is at rest. Other studies at the Martinos Center have shown that patients with carpal tunnel syndrome, a painful compression of nerves in the wrist, have heightened activity in parts of the brain that regulate sensation and fear, but after acupuncture, their brain patterns more closely resemble those of healthy subjects.
If you would like to discuss your case with us prior to making an appointment you can book a complimentary 15m appointment at our clinic by clicking here.