Understanding Mold and Mycotoxins
Illness from mold is one of the biggest health issues impacting Americans today that is not addressed effectively (mostly not at all) in the American medical system.
Mold illness occurs after exposure to a building overrun in mold (sick building) or via food sources that contain mold. The mold reproduces by forming spores that can travel through the air and replicate once it has landed on a moist wall or structure.
What ultimately triggers health issues for patients is the toxins released by mold called mycotoxins, which are very toxic chemicals. It is estimated that 25% of American’s immune systems cannot identify these mycotoxins; as a result, the mycotoxins will stay in the body for many years “invisible” to the immune system.
Research is now finding that mycotoxins can trigger autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, and especially neuro-autoimmunity such as Meniere’s. The most common molds found to trigger health issues are Aspergillus, Penicillium, Stachybotrys chartarum (Black mold).
Common Symptoms of Mold/Mycotoxin Illness
- Body aches and sharp shooting pains like electrical shocks and or “ice pick” like pain, numbness/tingling and joint pain
- Lack of stamina and fatigue
- Light, noise and sound sensitivity
- Blurry vision
- Muscle cramps
- Sinus issues and coughing
- Static shocks
- Abdominal pain and diarrhea
- Memory changes
- Vertigo and balance issues
- Poor focus and other neurological symptoms
- Depression, anxiety and or mood swings
- Skin reactions
- Nigh sweats and or alternating between feeling hot and cold
Autoimmune disorders related to mold & Mycotoxins
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Autoimmune Diabetes
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sjogren’s syndrome
- Psoriasis and more..
Natural Therapies for Mold Illness
There are a variety of therapies available for Mold and mycotoxin illness, including herbs, supplements, pharmaceutical drugs, and saunas. At The Holistic Wellness Center of The Carolinas, we often have to use a combined approach of all therapies listed below.
- Full spectrum saunas
- Lymphatic drainage support using homeopathic formulas
- Chlorella, activated charcoal or other natural binders
- Nebulizing therapies
- Baths with epsom and or dead sea salt with essential oils
- Customized dietary protocols
- Binding drugs such as Cholestyramine can be very helpful for some patients with mold illness (using Dr. Shoemacker’s treatment approach).
Book a Free Call to Learn More
In our free call, we'll learn more about you.
You can ask us any questions that you may have.
If we're a good fit for each other, we'll help you book the initial practitioner appointment.
This call usually takes about 15 minutes.
Functional Wellness Testing for Mold and Mycotoxins
At The Holistic Wellness Center of The Carolinas, we use a variety of tests to help determine if a patient potentially has mycotoxins (not all tests are necessary for everyone):
- Mycotoxin urinalysis
- Serum antibody screens for Aspergillus, Penicillium, Stachybotrys chartarum.
- Compliment proteins
- Melanocyte stimulating Hormone (MSH)
- Visual Contrast Sensitivity
- TGF beta-1
Holistic Wellness Center Can Help You with Mold & Mycotoxins Related Illness
Do you Have More Questions?
Call Now! (704) 308-2557
Or Fill Out The Form Below
Latest from the Blog
Functional Medicine Blood Testing: A Comprehensive Approach for Thyroid Disorders
Functional Medicine is a patient-centered approach to healthcare that focuses on identifying and addressing the underlying root causes of disease. In Functional Medicine, blood testing is a crucial tool used to assess a patient’s overall health status and identify imbalances that may contribute to their condition. Here are some ways Functional Medicine blood testing, particularly […] Read more
Latest from the Blog
Full Spectrum Sauna Therapy: A Natural Solution for Weight Loss and Other Health Benefits
Full Spectrum Sauna Therapy (FSST) has been gaining popularity in recent years as a natural way to promote weight loss and overall wellness. Unlike traditional saunas, FSST uses a combination of near, mid, and far-infrared wavelengths to penetrate the skin and stimulate a range of health benefits. Here are some ways FSST can help with […] Read more